My grandpa is one of the biggest influences in my life. He is the reason I went to business school and started a career in the venture capital industry. I will never forget one lesson he taught me about his career in business. He told me his biggest regret was being afraid to hire someone smarter than him.
That lesson taught me to surround myself with smart people, and listen to what they have to say. That is my commitment to you: I will show up, I will listen, and I will seek out wise counsel. Together, we will build the best path forward. This is what my career has prepared me to do: I am good at building teams and getting things done.
Do you want a change? Help me restore the Alberta Advantage!
What I stand for:
- Carbon Tax: I support the elimination of the Carbon Tax.
- Balanced Budgets: I will push for a return to balanced budgets in a responsible manner. Under the current budget, Alberta will reach $96 Billion in debt by 2023. We cannot afford to continue on this path.
- Resource-Based Economy: Alberta is home to the third-largest oil reserves in the world, and we are global leaders in the responsible development of our natural resources. I will champion the responsible development and expansion of our resource based industries. I will focus especially on the promotion and construction of pipelines.
- Taxation and regulatory framework: We need to restore a globally competitive tax and regulatory framework to encourage private businesses to invest in Alberta and get our economy back on track.
- Comprehensive Education: I support the preservation of choice in our Education system. Parents have a right to choose what education options will best meet the needs of their children.